Kristi's Northwood's Quilt Camp - refresh, create, relax
My Blog

And so it Begins!

Well, I spent most of this day building my humble web site. Starting something new is always exciting and more than a bit nerve wracking. I'm jazzed and nervous all at the same time! I spent the early afternoon with Ginny Dudeck learning how to set up the banquet room at The St. Croix Inn for Quilt Camps. 2013 is right around the corner! Yikes!

15 Comments to And so it Begins!:

Comments RSS
Nancy Wilson on Monday, October 29, 2012 8:57 PM
Wow Kristi! this is so exciting! your website is great!

Terri Neumann on Monday, October 29, 2012 8:59 PM
Woohoo!!! You'll do fine!! :-)

Jennifer Evans on Monday, October 29, 2012 10:26 PM
Congrats Kristi :D So exciting! I didn't see any pricing, is that intentional?

Kristi on Monday, October 29, 2012 10:52 PM
Thanks Nancy, Terri, and Jen! I am excited. Jennifer there are prices on the Northwoods Quilt Camp Policies page.

Diana Zinn on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:40 PM
What a great adventure Kristi. You will be wonderful. We have this sort of thing in PT once a year. On the last day the crafters have a sale open to the public. It's great.

Kristi on Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:14 PM
Hi Diana! I sure have enjoyed staying in touch via fb. It's great to see pictures of you and Dick and know that your life is sweet and good together. Thank you for the words of encouragement!

Kristi on Friday, November 02, 2012 7:47 AM
Good Morning Quilters! This Saturday Nov. 3 The Garden House Green House in Solon Springs, WI is holding their 6th annual Fine Spirits, Cheese, and Chocolate Tasting Food Shelf Benefit. For $15.00 and some non-perishable food you can stroll through a greenhouse full of vendors sharing their delicious products. All of the vendors attending are local business. Please help support this wonderful event. Another stop you might want to make is Our Saviors Lutheran Churches Silent Auction held at the Solon Springs Community Center. Same day, November 3. I hear that a lovely donation is some quilting fabric that was purchased from The Little Gift House. Lots to do in our sweet little town this weekend! Enjoy.

Kristi on Friday, November 02, 2012 5:20 PM
Hello to all the women who have signed up for a camp! If you have not paid your $50.00 deposit to hold your place in camp, please do. Someone who pays for a space in the same camp may bump you off the roster if you have not paid. This is not a new policy, just one I need to keep to manage the size of the camps. Please help me with this! Thank you.

Kristi on Friday, November 16, 2012 3:57 PM
Happy Thanksgiving All! If your reading this blog, chances are your a quilt camper that's waiting for me to update all the camps and let you know where you stand for 2013.I'm meeting with my organizational wizard/spread sheet Diva/ and priceless friend Aimee the day after Thanksgiving. She has been organizing and compiling the data for all the 2013 camps. I have two weeks worth of info to add to that. Please hang in there and know that before the Christmas Holiday, I should have it all figured out. I want to start out on the right foot with everyone and am moving slowly so I don't do something stupid! Well, That might happen now and again anyway.......... I hope your Holiday is blessed! Kristi

Kristi Hutton on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:25 PM
Hello all! There is lots of new info on the web site. Camp dates for 2014, info on what camps are full for 2013, a $10.00 convenience fee for early set up, a fantastic road trip with Ginny Dudeck, and more. Please check it out. On the FULL camp dates if you haven't sent me your deposit, your on a waiting list. It's really important to get your deposits to me in a timely manner to secure your spot at camp.

Kristi Hutton on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:30 PM
There are lots of openings in the February 14 - 17 camp. If your a scrap booker, knitter, or crafter of any kind consider coming to camp! There is a lovely work space, comfy accommodation, and great food!

Kristi on Friday, August 30, 2013 5:38 PM
Hi Campers! I'm looking for info on when Kathryn Klokonos is coming to camp. I have your check Kathryn but no info on when your coming! Help!

Kristi on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:52 PM
Hello all you quilters out there. There are 8 openings for camp September 19-22, 2013. If you can come please give me a call 715-399-8877 and we'll make arrangements for you! Thanks! I know it's short notice but some gals just couldn't come. Life is busy and doesn't always cooperate with our plans!

Kristi on Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:41 PM
Hello Everyone, I hope your imaginations, fabrics, and colors are keeping your spirits up as we move through this winter. It is one to remember! The days are getting longer and today was enough above zero to take a walk in the snowy day. I look forward to the coming camps and cooking for the creative souls that are going to brave the winter roads to get here. I've got the Camp Dates for 2015 posted and some changes for camps in 2013. Please check out the new information and contact me if you have questions. Stay warm!

Kristi Reque-Hutton on Tuesday, September 02, 2014 3:20 PM
It's the Autumn season for Quilt Camp! I have some openings in September 11 - 14th 2014 camp. If you like to quilt, scrap book, knit, or just need some creative down time, the Northwoods Quilt Camp might be just what you need. Check out the web site and give me a call at 715-399-8877 if you'd like more info!